Frequently Asked Questions and Important Information
What are your Covid-19 policies?
- Please NO walk-ins. Please call or book online to make an appointment. Call or email us if you have any questions.
- Masks are mandatory.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment. Our waiting room space does not accommodate more than 2 people at a time, so if you are more than 5 min early for your appointment please wait outside or in your car if possible.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment unless you need support to get here safely.
Do I need a referral from my doctor to make an appointment?
- No, physiotherapists are primary healthcare providers, which means you do not need a referral to make an appointment. Some insurance providers may require a referral from a medical doctor or nurse practitioner for reimbursement, so please check with your insurance provider.
How do I book an appointment?
- Please give us a call to book an appointment or visit our online booking page. Please note that not all services are available to book online and some of our more specialized services are only offered by certain physiotherapists.
- We also recommend that you book a few follow up appointments at the time you book your initial assessment to ensure your treatment plan is not delayed by your physiotherapist’s busy schedule!
What is your cancellation policy?
- Your appointment time is reserved just for you. A late cancellation or missed visit leaves a hole in the therapists’ day that could have been filled by another patient. As such, we require 24 hours notice for any cancellations or changes to your appointment. Patients who provide less than 24 hours notice, or miss their appointment, will be charged the FULL cost of the appointment.
Does MSP cover physiotherapy?
- If you qualify for MSP premium assistance then MSP will pay a $23 portion of your treatment fee for a total of 10 sessions during a calendar year. Please note these 10 sessions are for Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Chiropractors, and Acupuncture combined.
- If you are unsure, give us a call or ask at the time of your appointment. We will need your care card, full legal name, and birth date to check if you are eligible for coverage.
What does a session cost?
- A standard physiotherapy assessment is $120, and a 25 min follow up visit is $80. For more details on extended appointments and specialized services, please call us or visit our online booking page.
Do you take ICBC clients?
- Yes, to book an appointment for an ICBC claim we will need your care card number, claim number, and date of injury.
Do you take Worksafe clients?
- Yes, to book an appointment we will need your care card number, claim number, and date of injury.
Do you direct bill to my insurance?
- At this time we do not offer direct billing for extended health plans. We will provide you with a detailed receipt that you can submit to your provider.
I would like to get in sooner, can you add me to a waiting list?
- Yes, please DO ask us to add you to our waitlist or do so when you book online if you would like to get in earlier than we can offer at the time of booking.
- We do our best to accommodate our clients, but often the appointments available are the soonest times we can offer, so please BOOK an appointment to ensure you have a time secured.
What should I wear/bring to my appointment?
Please bring or wear something you are comfortable moving in and make sure the affected body area is accessible. For example, bring a tank-top for your shoulder injury or shorts for a knee injury.
Do I need to book an assessment or a follow up visit?
- If you are seeing us for the first time, have a new problem you would like us to examine, or it has been longer than 4 months since you have been in, please book a new assessment.
What if I have more than 1 area I would like my physiotherapist to look at?
- We understand that sometimes you have more than 1 area that is bothering you. In this case, we suggest that you book a longer initial assessment and longer follow-up visits or ensure you have a few appointments booked so that your physiotherapist has the opportunity to properly assess and treat each area.